The Organization Development department supports Northern Health’s goals and objectives by designing and initiating programs that expand organizational capacity and sustainability while improving the quality of work life for all employees. Organization Development practitioners also work with teams and departments to plan, implement, and evaluate workplace interventions that enhance function and effectiveness.
We’re excited about these new region-wide programs and initiatives:
- Online performance management and development plans (PerformanceLink software)
- Online orientation for managers and online general orientation for staff coming soon
- Online employee engagement survey and engagement plans
- Respect in the Workplace program
- Leadership and management development (including 360˚ Feedback, personal assessments, Emotional Intelligence, and executive coaching and mentoring)
- Succession planning
- Internal Coaching for Front-line Leaders program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Full-time or part-time employees who take courses leading to certificates, diplomas, degrees, or professional designations can be reimbursed for up to $750 of their tuition.
Support for Practice Education
Organization Development works with other departments and post-secondary institutions to help various Northern Health work sites host post-secondary students who are undertaking practical and clinical learning.
Coaching With A Twist
Coaching lets managers and supervisors reflect on work-related issues and develop solutions together. To further support front-line leaders, Organizational Development offers the Northern Health Internal Coaching Program.
Members of the Northern Health Executive can access customized learning and development opportunities, as well as executive coaching, to assist them with their continued growth as leaders.