Burns Lake is surrounded by wilderness and some of BC's largest freshwater lakes where sport fishing is a popular activity for both locals and tourists. Burns Lake has a strong sense of culture and incredible local talents to showcase.
- Lakeside Multiplex
- Mountain Bike Association
- Summer activities
- Winter activities
- Affordable housing, including lakeside properties.
- Two local First Nations communities
The Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre serves a population of 10,000 from Burns Lake and surrounding communities. Its emergency department averages 12,000 visits per year.
The Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre provides:
- 13 acute care beds
- 1 isolation room
- 1 palliative care room
- 1 labour/delivery/recovery suite
- Emergency services
- Diagnostic imaging
- Provision for public health, mental health and addictions, and home and community care service, as well as local physician and emergency services
- Rehabilitation services
- Administrative offices
- Food services;
- Logistical services; and
- A procedure space will be included that will be large enough to provide future flexibility for the development of operating room space.