The district of Fort St James is located on the southeast shore of Stuart Lake. The town serves as a gateway to a network of lakes and rivers that spans 300km. Enjoy festivals and community events, including a large music festival held in Cottonwood Park on the waterfront every summer.
- Murray Ridge Ski Hill.
- Mount Pope Provincial Park
- Camping in Fort St James
- Fort St James National Historic Site
- MOM Festival
Stuart Lake Hospital is a 12-bed facility with 6 dedicated in-patient beds and 6 dedicated residential care beds. The Hospital serves the community of Fort St James as well as the First Nation’s Communities of Takla, Yekooche, Nak’azdli, and Tl’azt’en (Binche and Tachie).
The Services at Stuart Lake Hospital include:
- 24/7 Emergency Department with 3 bays
- 1 outpatient bay
- Emergency maternity
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Palliative Care
Other community services include:
- Primary Care Nursing, Home Support and Home Care Nursing
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Occupational therapy
- Outreach clinics to surrounding communities
- BC Ambulance
- Full and part time physicians
- Nurse practitioner
- Nursing staff
- Care aides
- Visiting specialists