The Hazeltons (Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are about 300 km east of Prince Rupert and 60 km northwest of Smithers. Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous 'Ksan Historical Village and museum.
New Hazelton is located between the Bulkley River and the Roche De Boule Mountain Range. Outdoor activities are popular in the area: fishing, canoeing rafting, hiking, camping, wildlife viewing and trail rides.
- Ksan Historical Village and Museum
- The ancient village of Gitanmaax
Wrinch Memorial Hospital, a fully accredited acute care facility, operates under with the United Church Health Services and is affiliated with Northern Health.
Wrinch Memorial Hospital has 10 acute care beds and 10 residential care beds and some of the services include:
- 24/7 emergency medical care
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Psychiatry observation unit
- Diabetic education
- Dietary services
- Long Term Care
- Pre and post-natal care
- Dental care
- Aboriginal patient liaison services
- Visiting specialists in podiatry, geriatric assessment, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, internal medicine, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, general surgery, otolaryngology, pediatrics, respirology and allergy, rheumatology, and occupational therapy.
The facility also contains a doctor’s clinic which provides outreach services to surrounding villages.
Other health and community care services include:
- Three public health services including Public Health, Gitxsan Health and Wet’suwet’en Health
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Skeena Place Assisted Living Complex
- Home and Community Care support services