McBride is a small community situated along the Yellowhead Highway 16 between Jasper and Prince George. McBride boast rolling hills and outdoor recreation at its best.
- Cross country skiing and snowmobiling
- Recreation Centre fitness facility
- Canoe and Kayak
- Trails and mountain climbing
- Population of approximately 600 residents
- One elementary and one secondary school
- Major industries include forestry, government service, construction and trade
The McBride & District Hospital is a full-service hospital:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Outpatient services
- 3 acute-care beds
- 1 respite bed / 1 Palliative Care room
- 8 long-term-care beds
- Full-time laboratory services
- Full-time X-ray services
- Spiritual room
- Two full time physicians
- A full contingent of nursing staff including RN, LPN, care aides and bath aide
- Full support staff - dietary, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance
Other programs at the facility or in the adjoining Health Centre:
- Medical clinic providing general medical appointments with a focus on preventative health and developing a primary care home for patients
- Mental health and Substance Use services
- Primary Care services - wound care, immunizations, pre-natal and much more
- Visiting specialist clinics (orthopedics and renal)
- Well woman clinics
- Foot care clinics (limited)
- Community paramedic services
- Patient/physician videoconferencing consultations
- Alternate provider room - private physiotherapist and massage therapist
The Northern Health Connections bus stops in McBride to provide patient/client transportation to Valemount, Kamloops, Prince George, and Vancouver for medical appointments and health care services not available locally.
The B.C. Ambulance Service has a station in McBride, and 9-1-1 service is available throughout the valley.
Valemount and McBride work closely together to support the clients throughout the Valley.