Valemount (pop. 1,100) is nestled in the Rocky Mountains at the tip of Kinbasket Lake and the foot of Canoe Mountain, well positioned for easy access to Jasper, Prince George and Kamloops. Valemount’s economy is driven by tourism and the forest industry.
- Backcountry skiing
- Mountains biking
- White-water rafting
- Hockey and curling
Annual community events:
Valemount Community Health Center is a full-service health center which provides emergency medical care, lab services, seniors’ programs, addictions services, counselling services, home and community care, public health and more.
- Prenatal registry and pre/post-natal group appointments
- Primary Care Nurses (PCN's) - Immunization, pre-natal, palliative care in community
- Evening clinics to target our working population
- Well Woman clinics
- Foot care clinics (limited)
- Patient self-management room where the patients can take their own blood pressure, weigh themselves, and use the computer to access sites such as How’s Your Health
- Outpatient clinics with visiting specialists (orthopedic, rheumatology, paediatric, renal)
- Shared care via video with a respirologist in a group appointment setting
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Life skills worker
- Alternate provider room - Private physiotherapy and massage therapist
Valemount and McBride work closely together to support the clients throughout the Valley.