Nestled in the Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, Vanderhoof is the geographical center of British Columbia and truly is at the “heart of it all”.
St. John Hospital is a 24 acute-care bed facility. The Hospital serves the communities of Vanderhoof and the Saik’uz First Nation, as well as acting as a referral centre for the surrounding communities of Burns Lake, Fort St James and Fraser Lake.
The services of St John Hospital include:
- 24/7Emergency department
- 2 outpatient bays
- Labour and delivery with Cesarean Section capabilities.
- Diagnostic Imaging, including ultrasound and fluoroscopy
- Lab including blood transfusion services
- 24/7 OR offering orthopedic day surgery, plastics, dental, ENT, endoscopy, and general surgeries
- Inpatient occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Teaching facility for the University of Northern British Columbia
- Palliative Care
- Oncology Clinic
Community Services include:
- Primary Care Nursing and Home Support
- Diabetic counseling
- Cardiac Rehab
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Occupational Therapy
- Outreach clinics to surrounding communities
- BC Ambulance Service
- 53 bed residential are facility attached to the hospital
Patients requiring further care are referred to the University Hospital of Northern BC in Prince George.